Follow us – @gov_procurement
We’re delighted to be supporting the Public Sector Show Manchester once again in 2017, as it is a key event in our calendar.
It is great to be able see so many of our customers – both existing and potential new ones – in just one day, and we’re really looking forward to helping make this year’s event bigger and better than ever.
We know that for all public bodies tight control over budgets and resources is a key priority. We want to help you save time and money when buying the common goods and services you need to run your organisation, so that you can focus on delivering the essential services that really matter to us all.
We’re committed to helping you achieve maximum value and, as the largest public procurement organisation in the UK, we want you to be able to leverage our commercial expertise and national buying power.
We’d love to have the chance to meet with you at the show – whether that is at one of our seminar sessions, or at our stand (E16) where you can chat with our senior commercial experts who will be on hand throughout the day to offer one to one practical procurement advice and answer any questions you may have.
In the State of the Public Sector Theatre Nick Caton, our Head of Wider Public Sector, will be speaking about how we can help you deliver savings through better procurement.
In our own theatre we will be hosting a variety of sessions over the course of the day:
10.15-10.35 Using social value criteria to run and evaluate your procurement
In this session David will discuss how social value has changed the landscape for designing procurements:
- How CCS is tackling issues such as modern slavery, equality and accessibility
- The work that CCS is undertaking to make current and future frameworks compliant with social value policy and objectives
- Share your experiences of how you have brought social value into your procurements
David Gigg, Policy Implementation
10.50-11.10 Aggregation through collaboration
In this session Chris and Viv will discuss the benefits of aggregated procurement, showcasing how, by working collaboratively, you can achieve better pricing by leveraging volume, whilst also reducing process costs. They will cover:
- The lifecycle of aggregated procurement including preparation, specification, market engagement and tendering
- The merits of sealed bids and eAuctions
- How the CCS aggregation team can support you
- Case studies
Chris Illman, Senior Category Lead and Vivienne Roberts – Aggregation Category Lead
12.40-13.00 Transforming public procurement with a click
In this session we will outline the vision for the Crown Marketplace programme and how it is set to revolutionise procurement for the public sector, with a seamless experience similar to using a major online retailer:
- Using the latest ‘smart basket’ technology
- How the programme will benefit SMEs
- Matching buyers with sellers to give customers the very best value for money
- Online payment integration
Speaker to be confirmed
13.20-13.40 Then & now – why customers choose CCS utilities & fuels
In this session John and Kate will discuss the benefits that the CCS Utilities and Fuels team bring to the aggregated procurement of electricity, gas, fuels, water and demand management. They will update you on our new products and services and how they will help you maximise commercial benefits year on year.
The session will cover:
- The lifecycle of utilities and fuels aggregated procurements including preparation, specification, market engagement and tendering – and the benefits of taking part
- How our trading and risk team add value
- Maximising commercial benefits and savings opportunities for the public sector
John Malone, Head of Trading and Kate Beckingham, Head of Utilities
14.00-14.20 Using social value criteria to run and evaluate your procurement
This is a repeat of the earlier 10.15-10.35 session with David Gigg, Policy Implementation.
We’re here to help you and look forward to seeing you at the show – please come and see us at stand E16